OKhR (Association of Realist Artists)
OKhR (Association of Realist Artists) was founded in 1927 by a group of disgruntled artists that resigned from the Association of Artists of the Revolution (AKhR). OKhR maintained clubs in Moscow (at 23 Bolshoi Amitrovka Street) and in Leningrad (at 26 25th October Avenue). Its members tried to expand the Association throughout the Soviet Union but their efforts never materialized due to the government's consolidation of independent guilds and unions in 1930. As an aside, the publishing house of OKhR (that distributed art albums, catalogs, postcards and posters) closed in 1931.
Fuentes y citas
Bown, M. C. (1991). Art under Stalin. New York: Holmes & Meier.
rus-gal.ru/unions (OKhR bio)
artinvestment.ru (OKhR dates of existence)