The artist's name on the poster is not indicated. By assigning Artist Unknown to a poster it also could mean the artist used a chop mark whereby no signature is seen thus rendering the artist's identity anonymous.
The 1st Exemplary Gosizdat Typolithography Workshop was located in Moscow at 28 Valovaia Street. Historically, the workshop began as the Sharapov-Sytin Partnerhip in the era prior to the Russian Revolution. Ivan Dmitrievich Sytin (1851-1934) was the son of a peasant. He opened a small print shop in Moscow using a single press and by the start of the 20th century his printing business (at Valovaia and Piatnitskaia streets) was the largest private printing company in tsarist Russia.
Gosizdat was established in Moscow in May 1919 via the merger of the publishing houses of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee, the Moscow Soviet, the Petrograd (St. Petersburg) Soviet, the Moscow Communist, the People's Commissariat of the RSFSR, and others. It was the first large-scale, state-controlled publisher formed for the purpose of joining the nation's printing and publishing entities under a single institution. While Gosizdat existed somewhat independent of the government, by 1930 it served as the base of the state publishing conglomerate OGIZ (Association of State Publishing Houses), an entity that united Soviet publishing houses under total state control.